This Planer is handy if you intend to make many blade sets as it reduces fabrication time by 90 percent. The plans contain 9 drawings and 15 photographs. They were originally only notes for the construction of one machine and are not as developed as the plans for the Dragonfly Wind Generator (no parts list, troubleshooting, or step by step). They are however, free.
These describe the working section of the machine above right, it was made in 1981 and is now for sale (make offer). This machine only cuts the twist-curved foil (downwind) side of the turbine blade, the upwind side is cut with a band saw in a process described and illustrated with photographs. Topics not covered are: the base, motor mount, chip collection, and wiring. If I made another, I'd probably make it a bit differently, and I expect anyone else to use their best judgment. Since building this one, I've made several modifications which are included in the drawings as the machine is now and not as it was originally. They also include some suggestions which I've never implemented, such as an additional step to form a concave foil surface on the upwind side of the blade.
The planer can shape the foil of one blade in about 3 minutes, the band-saw cut takes about 2 minutes, sanding and finishing take maybe 5 to 10 minutes (no paint). Total time including setup, walking between machines, sips of coffee, yawning & scratching: 10 to 20 minutes for one blade.
Originally, these plans were for producing Dragonflies quickly. The turbine blade it forms is the one used by the Dragonfly (3-blade, twist-cut, 9 ft dia, about 250 rpm no-load in a 10 mph wind), but can be adapted to other tip speeds ratios (your design). This size was chosen because it can be made with little waste from a dimension 2x4. It has a twist with a flat upwind side, and a curved foil on the downwind side. In 1980, I compared several kinds of foil sections with a mind to easy construction to keep costs down, and acceptable efficiency. The result is the practical foil section described here (from plans for a 2-blade, 6 Volt Wind Charger, published by the USDA, North Dakota Ag. Extension Service in 1939).